- 2022 UPDATE: APRIL 2023 (3.74 MB)
- AIDA 2022 TEMPORARY PROTECTION (1.02 MB)
- 2021 UPDATE - APRIL 2022 (3.20 MB)
- AIDA 2021: Executive Summary in Dutch (0.39 MB)
- AIDA 2021 - Executive summary in French (0.47 MB)
- 2020 UPDATE - APRIL 2021 (1.81 MB)
- 2019 UPDATE - APRIL 2020 (1.79 MB)
- 2018 UPDATE - MARCH 2019 (1.95 MB)
- 2017 UPDATE - MARCH 2018 (1.86 MB)
- 2016 UPDATE - FEBRUARY 2017 (1.87 MB)
- FOURTH UPDATE - DECEMBER 2015 (1.82 MB)
- THIRD UPDATE - FEBRUARY 2015 (1.40 MB)
- SECOND UPDATE - JUNE 2014 (1.27 MB)
- FIRST UPDATE - JANUARY 2014 (1.03 MB)
- FIRST REPORT- MAY 2013 (0.93 MB)
This report was written by Vluchtelingenwerk Vlaanderen (Flemish Refugee Action) and was edited by ECRE.
This report draws on statistical information obtained from the competent administrative agencies, information attained through the monthly contact meetings between the asylum authorities and civil society, analysis of legislation, practices and case law. Vluchtelingenwerk Vlaanderen also gathers crucial information from its own activities. Vluchtelingenwerk has a legal helpdesk through which it receives numerous questions on the rights and position of asylum seekers, refugees and persons benefitting from subsidiary protection. It is also present at the entrance of the asylum authorities, where it provides newly arrived asylum seekers with crucial information about the asylum procedure and their rights in Belgium. This allows for the swift monitoring of any changes in asylum seekers’ profiles and the registration practice. The information concerning the detention of migrants in Belgium is updated by the Move Coalition, a formal coalition of NGOs accredited to visit detention centres.
Vluchtelingenwerk Vlaanderen wishes to thank all those who provided information that was essential for compiling this report. Particular thanks for their contribution to this update are owed to: Fedasil; the Immigration Office; the Office of the Commissioner General for Refugees and Stateless Persons (CGRS); the Council of Alien Law Litigation (CALL); the Guardianship Service of the Ministry of Justice; Vlaamse Vereniging voor Steden en Gemeentes (VVSG); Myria (Federal Migration Centre); Move coalition; and ECRE.
Unless otherwise stated, the information in this report is up-to-date as of 31 December 2022.