Reception conditions may be reduced or withdrawn where the applicant:
- Abandons the place of residence determined by the competent authority without informing it or, if requested, without permission; or
- Does not comply with reporting duties or with requests to provide information or to appear for personal interviews concerning the asylum procedure during a reasonable period laid down in national law; or
- Has lodged a Subsequent Application;
- Has concealed his or her resources and illegitimately takes advantage of material reception conditions; or
- Seriously breaches the house rules of the reception centre, in particular by demonstrating violent behaviour.
Moreover, material reception conditions may be reduced, in cases where the competent reception authority can establish that the applicant, for no justifiable reason, has not lodged an application for international protection as soon as reasonably practicable after arrival on the Greek territory.
The RIS or the Directorate for the Protection of Asylum Seekers take a decision following an individualised assessment and taking into account the applicant’s vulnerability. The procedure is laid down in the General Regulation of Reception Facilities under the responsibility of the RIS (Γενικός Κανονισμός Λειτουργίας Δομών Φιλοξενίας υπηκόων τρίτων χωρών που λειτουργούν με μέριμνα της Υπηρεσίας Πρώτης Υποδοχής) and the General Regulation for the Operation of Reception and Identification Centres and Mobile Reception and Identification Units (Γενικός Κανονισμός Λειτουργίας Κέντρων Υποδοχής και Ταυτοποίησης και Κινητών Μονάδων Υποδοχής και Ταυτοποίησης) and foresees: (a) an oral recommendation; followed by (b) a written warning; followed by (c) a withdrawal decision.
No data are available on decisions reducing or withdrawing material reception conditions.
 Article 19(1), (3) and (4) L 4540/2018, now replaced by article 57(1), (3) and (4) IPA).
Article 19(2) L 4540/2018, now replaced by article 57(2) IPA), which provides that “The competent reception Authority shall reduce material reception conditions when it ascertains that the applicant has without justifiable cause not applied for international protection as soon as possible after their arrival in the Greek territory”).
 Article 57(5) IPA.
 Article 18B(2) Ministerial Decision 11.1/6343/25-11-2014, Gov. Gazette, 3295/Β/09.12.2014 and article 10(1) Joint Ministerial Decision 1/7433/10-6-2019, Gov. Gazette 2219/B/10.6.2019.